Mountain environments are defining features of the Western United States. Whether your group is looking to participate in a backpacking trip or spend a day at our Challenge Course, we can create a program to meet your needs. Activities and locations offered vary by specific itinerary and may include some of the ones detailed below.
- Hiking and peak attempts
- Rock climbing
- Mountain biking
- Yoga and mindfulness practice
- Large group games
- Guided natural history and ecology hikes
- Lessons in biology, geology, weather, aquatic/stream science, outdoor survival skills, native plant use, and more
- Exploration of native and endemic species
- Environmental awareness games and lessons
- Team-building initiatives/challenges
- Journal writing and creative assignments
- Service-learning projects
- Campfires with skits, songs, stories, and s’mores
- Environmental resource use discussions
- Astronomy observation and lessons
- Native American myths and stories
- Night-hikes focusing on nocturnal animal adaptations.
Activities are presented in a variety of formats throughout the program and are experiential in nature. Lessons are planned to be stimulating and challenging. Instructors give participants the tools to promote personal discovery and self-direction in learning, while supporting learners with information about the topics being explored. A thoughtfully developed progression of hands-on learning, structured lessons, experiential outdoor activities and free time is provided to maximize learning and craft a positive, memorable experience.