Education Resource Center Facilitator
Note: We are currently recruiting staff for our Education Resource Center. As a brand new program, we are working diligently to get this off the ground as soon as possible.
Reports To: Director of Program
Status: Employee, part-time
Pay Rate: $12.00 – $14.00 per hour
The Education Resource Center Facilitator supports day-to-day operations of the Boojum Education Resource Center, where students come to complete their virtual classes, do homework, and engage in indoor/outdoor activities when their school work is finished. General responsibilities include group management, supervision, and facilitating group activities.
- 18 years of age or older
- Current infant/child CPR and First Aid certification (or willingness to obtain by start date)
- Experience in childcare (such as teaching, tutoring, mentoring, coaching, babysitting/nannying, etc.) for children in elementary through high school
- Physical qualifications
- Lift/carry 25 lbs. (moving furniture and supplies as needed)
- Able to sit, bend, lift, reach, and move for sustained periods of time
- Excellent communication, leadership, and teamwork skills
- Ability to work both independently with limited supervision and collaboratively with other instructors and administrative team members
- Ability to interact effectively and maintain a good rapport with parents/guardians, coworkers, and administrative staff
- Supervise elementary, middle, or high school students in a small group setting as they do online schoolwork, ensuring that they are able to connect to the internet and attend virtual classes.
- Assist students with schoolwork at varying levels of understanding and proficiency.
- Maintain a classroom environment that is controlled and conducive to learning, allowing participants the freedom of choice and exploration with clearly defined structure.
- Facilitate small group games and activities.
- Perform logistical tasks such as preparing the classroom, inventorying supplies, taking attendance, preparing for individual participant needs, preparing to run games and activities.
- Facilitate student pick-up and/or drop-off.
Health & Safety
- Complete and document personal health screening prior to work each day.
- Facilitate and document daily participant health screenings upon each participant’s arrival.
- Role model, teach, and enforce proper mask wearing, hand washing, and physical distancing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as door handles, bathroom surfaces, tables, chairs, and equipment.
- Anticipate, prevent, respond to, and document accidents, illnesses, and other incidents.
Timeframes & Hiring Process
We understand that people have busy lives, and will do our best to accommodate your scheduling needs. If you have any concerns regarding availability, please let us know.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
- When applications are received, we will review them and respond via email. Our intention is to respond to every applicant within one week.
- We conduct interviews (under one hour) over the phone. If you are invited for an interview, we will ask for three references at that time.
- If we choose to hire you, please know that part of the onboarding process involves a background check through the National Center for Safety Initiatives (NCSI).
If you have any questions about the process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Send your application materials including resume, cover letter, and current certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org, making sure to include any relevant personal or professional experience.