Day Camp Facilitator
Note: We are currently recruiting staff for our day camps. As a brand new program, we are working diligently to get this off the ground as soon as possible.
Reports To: Director of Program
Status: Employee, part-time
Pay Rate: $12.00 – $14.00 per hour
Facilitate an engaging day camp experience for participants. Activities include hiking; arts and crafts; group games, lessons, and discussions. General responsibilities include facilitating activities, group management, camp logistics, and ongoing risk evaluation and mitigation.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Current infant/child CPR and First Aid certification (or willingness to obtain by start date).
- Experience facilitating activities (such as teaching, tutoring, guiding, instructing, mentoring, etc.) for participants in elementary through high school.
- Physical qualifications
- Lift/carry 25 lbs. (moving furniture and supplies as needed).
- Able to sit, bend, lift, reach, and move for sustained periods of time.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work both independently with limited supervision and collaboratively with other instructors and administrative team members.
- Ability to interact effectively and maintain a good rapport with parents/guardians, coworkers, and administrative staff.
- Implement day camp programs for youth, ensuring programmatic effectiveness and adherence to Boojum policies, procedures, curriculum, and pedagogy.
- Develop and conduct small group activities based on group needs. Facilitate activities that are age- and ability-appropriate, and in accordance with industry standards for education and risk management.
- Manage risk in the field, to include: following risk management policies and procedures, performing ongoing risk evaluation and mitigation, and documenting incidents thoroughly and in a timely manner.
- Perform logistical tasks such as preparing activity areas, inventorying supplies, taking attendance, preparing for individual participant needs, preparing to run games and activities.
- Facilitate participant pick-up and/or drop-off.
Health & Wellness
- Complete and document personal health screening prior to work each day.
- Facilitate and document daily participant health screenings upon each participant’s arrival.
- Role model, teach, and enforce proper mask-wearing, hand washing, and physical distancing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as door handles, bathroom surfaces, tables, chairs, and equipment.
- Anticipate, prevent, respond to, and document accidents, illnesses, and other incidents.
Timeframes & Hiring Process
We understand that people have busy lives, and will do our best to accommodate your scheduling needs. If you have any concerns regarding availability, please let us know.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
- When applications are received, we will review them and respond via email. Our intention is to respond to every applicant within one week.
- We conduct interviews (under one hour) over the phone. If you are invited for an interview, we will ask for three references at that time.
- If we choose to hire you, please know that part of the onboarding process involves a background check through the National Center for Safety Initiatives (NCSI).
If you have any questions about the process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Send your application materials including resume, cover letter, and any current certifications to firstname.lastname@example.org, making sure to include any relevant personal or professional experience.
If you are not qualified for these positions but are interested in learning about the outdoor education industry, check out our internship program or contact us at email@example.com to set up an informational interview.